Many of our programs rely on and need volunteer support to ensure that we are providing the best possible service to our clients. We hope you will get engaged and become part of the LSF Family through volunteering, donating goods, or donating funds.
Ways to Volunteer
Our volunteers are an important part of our LSF Family. LSF has more than 60 programs in nearly every area of Florida. With a wide range of opportunities and a variety of locations, you’ll be sure to find a project to be passionate about.
LSF is privileged to be on the front lines of assisting refugees to their new homes and creating a welcoming environment to the immigrant communities that arrive at our doorstep seeking a safe and stable future.
- Become a mentor to a family new to the US
- Help set up apartments for arriving families
- Sort and organize donated items (through our partner New Life Ministries)
- Provide administrative support (filing, organizing, etc.)
The centers offer programs emphasizing family support, child development, health, and safety, and learning success. These programs seek to empower families and communities to foster the best possible development of children.
- Read to the children. Lead or support art activities
- Help center staff prepare for classes and events
- Help clients with computer skills, including filling out forms online
- Teach classes to children and families
All children deserve the love and care of responsible adults in a safe and caring environment. Support our child welfare services to ensure the safety and security of children as well as helping to strengthen and preserve families when possible.
- Provide administrative support
- Help Case Managers with scheduling appointments
The first five years of a child’s life are essential in preparing her or him for a healthy, happy, and successful future. When children receive the quality early childhood education they deserve, not only do children fare better, but communities do, too.
- Read to children and support related activities in the classrooms
- Provide administrative/receptionist support
- Open to adults
Help families and children in need by distributing food and pantry items on Saturday mornings. This program serves over 700 people every month – help your community stay healthy!
- Help with food sorting, distribution and/or clean up on Saturdays (8:30AM-2PM)
- Great opportunity for High School students to fulfill their community service hours
- Ideally 3 volunteers per week
We have many opportunities across Florida for individual adults to volunteer. Whether it is helping a refugee family move into their new home, to reading to Head Start students, we have an opportunity to fill most needs. There is no recurring commitment and we can accommodate volunteers who want to volunteer just a few hours a month to many hours a week. Please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and we will contact you with opportunities in your area.
Are you a student looking for a volunteer opportunity? We have many options that can help you fill the volunteer hours required! Fill out the volunteer form and we will reach out to you with volunteer opportunities in your area.
Do you have a group you’d like to volunteer with? During the year LSF participates in events that are ideal for your group of friends or colleagues to volunteer together! We appreciate your willingness to volunteer, and can match you with group volunteer opportunities in your area.
At LSF we strive to bring a world of safe children, strong families, and vibrant communities. It is important for the younger generation to know what it is like to live a life of compassion, and we appreciate the help from the next generation in furthering our mission. We have some limited opportunities for families to volunteer together to help sort food and donations to be distributed to those in need. Please fill out the form below and we will contact you when an opportunity to volunteer with children is available in your area.