Pinellas Head Start/Early Head Start
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) is transforming communities throughout Pinellas County through our growing partnerships with the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County, Juvenile Welfare Board (JWB), and Pinellas County School Board, among others. These partnerships allow us to make high-quality, early educational services available to children and families who otherwise would lack access to these life changing child and family support services.
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start. Foster children who are age eligible may qualify regardless of their family’s income.
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
Applications will be accepted daily at the Head Start Administrative office listed below.
HEAD START AND EARLY HEAD START BENEFITS:
- Education: Early childhood education, including an evidence-based curriculum, which is aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Health and Mental Health: We support your child’s overall wellness with services including but not limited to: health records monitoring; speech, language and behavioral assessments; lead and hearing screenings; and daily health checks.
- Family Engagement: We believe that parents are their children’s first teacher! Our family engagement activities offer parents leadership opportunities, education and training, and support in setting and accomplishing both individual and family goals.