Belle Glade (PEPPI) Head Start
Since 1982, children in the Belle Glade community have had access to the highest quality early childhood education at the Lutheran Services Florida PEPPI Head Start/Early Head Start center. Partnering with the Belle Glade community, LSF helps educate children and support families who face tremendous socio-economic barriers. Like all Head Start/Early Head Start programs, a major emphasis of the Belle Glade model is centered on parent involvement and engagement, which is contained in the acronym of the program’s original name “PEPPI,” which stands for Preschool Enrichment Program with Parental Involvement.
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start. Foster children who are age eligible may qualify regardless of their family’s income.
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
Applications will be accepted daily at the Head Start Administrative office.
HEAD START AND EARLY HEAD START BENEFITS:
- Education: Early childhood education, including an evidence-based curriculum, which is aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Health and Mental Health: We support your child’s overall wellness with services including but not limited to: health records monitoring; speech, language and behavioral assessments; lead and hearing screenings; and daily health checks.
- Family Engagement: We believe that parents are their children’s first teacher! Our family engagement activities offer parents leadership opportunities, education and training, and support in setting and accomplishing both individual and family goals.
For more information on the LSF Head Start Program, call 561-996-1718 or visit the Administrative office at:
301 SW 8th Street, Belle Glade, FL 33430