Palm Beach Head Start/Early Head Start
Building on our long history in the Belle Glade community with the PEPPI program, Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) expanded our commitment to children and families in need throughout all of Palm Beach county in 2014. In Palm Beach County, LSF is actively building strong partnerships with organizations, such as the Children Services Council and the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach, to provide high-quality early education services to all children and families in need.
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start. Foster children who are age eligible may qualify regardless of their family’s income.
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
Applications will be accepted daily at the Head Start Administrative office listed below.
Head Start and Early Head Start Benefits:
- Education: Early childhood education, including an evidence-based curriculum, which is aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Health and Mental Health: We support your child’s overall wellness with services including but not limited to: health records monitoring; speech, language and behavioral assessments; lead and hearing screenings; and daily health checks.
- Family Engagement: We believe that parents are their children’s first teacher! Our family engagement activities offer parents leadership opportunities, education and training, and support in setting and accomplishing both individual and family goals.
For more information on the LSF Head Start Program, call 561-233-1600 or visit the Administrative office at
3230 Commerce Place, Suite A, West Palm Beach, FL 33407