TRAFFICKING VICTIMS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (TVAP)
COMPREHENSIVE CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
WHAT IS HUMAN TRAFFICKING?
Human trafficking is modern-day slavery.
Victims can be anyone from around the world or right next door: women and man, adults and children, citizens and noncitizens alike.
- Undocumented immigrants
- Runaway, homeless youth
- Victims of trauma and abuse
- Impoverished individuals
BARRIERS TO SEEKING HELP:
Human trafficking is a hidden crime as victims rarely come forward to seek help because of:
- language barriers
- lack of knowledge
- fear of the traffickers
- fear of law enforcement
LSF COMPREHENSIVE CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Lutheran Services Florida is dedicated to supporting survivors of labor and sex trafficking through Trafficking Victim Assistance Program (TVAP) in Tampa Bay Area.
Lutheran Services Florida will provide comprehensive case management services to foreign-born victims of trafficking, derivative family members and minor children of victims of trafficking through a cooperative agreement with social agency Tapestri, the Department of Health & Human Services’ (HHS), Office of Trafficking in Persons (OTIP) and others.
In order to enroll in LSF TVAP, the individual must be:
- A foreign born victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons, as defined in the
- Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000.
- Derivative family members and minor children of victims of trafficking are also eligible.
- LSF TVAP employee will make an initial assessment, in consultation with the contract agency, regarding whether the individual meets the enrollment criteria.
LSF TVAP SERVICES
Enrolled clients will receive comprehensive case management services:
- Initial needs assessment, based on trauma-informed and victim-centered approaches
- Culturally and linguistically sensitive services
- Financial Assistance
- Assistance with basic needs (safety planning, food, clothing, transportation)
- Linkage to shelters and housing options
- Linkage to mental health and medical care providers
- Referrals to legal services (immigration attorney)
- Enrollment in public benefits and refugee programs
- Linkage to career and employment services
LSF TVAP STAFF WILL:
- Not compromise victim safety
- Respect the privacy and dignity of all clients regardless of their race, background or belief
- Ensure that consumer and client confidentiality is protected
- Assess the needs of a client and coordinate, arrange, evaluate, monitor, and advocate for multiple services in order to meet the needs of human trafficking survivor
- Assist survivors through a network of providers throughout the country.
IS THERE A COST FOR SERVICES?
- All services are free and confidential.
Trafficking victims, including undocumented individuals, are eligible for services and immigration assistance.
TO GET HELP FROM THE NATIONAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING HOTLINE:
TO REPORT SUSPECTED HUMAN TRAFFICKING:
Text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733)
Lutheran Services Florida
Human Trafficking Assistance Program (TVAP)
Lily Petrovic Gayane Galoyan
Program Manager Case Manager
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org E-Mail: email@example.com
We are available Mon – Fri 8 am — 5 pm
If you cannot talk during our hours of operation, leave a message and we can arrange to speak at a later time. When leaving a message, please let us know if and when it is safe for us to call you back.