applying for Head Start / Early Head Start
LSF Children and Head Start Services currently serves over 6,000 children and families in Duval, Hillsborough, Palm Beach, and Pinellas counties, making LSF the largest nonprofit Head Start Grantee in the Southeastern United States and one of the largest in the country.
Children ages 3- 5 years old
EARLY HEAD START
Infants and toddlers under the age of 3
LSF Head Start PEPPI helps young children from low income families prepare to succeed in school thorough comprehensive child development and family support services.
Head Start and Early Head Start programs promote children’s development through services that support early learning health and family well-being.
Find out if you are eligible
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start. Foster children who are age eligible may qualify regardless of their family’s income.
|2020 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA|
|PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD||POVERTY GUIDELINE|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.|
Gather Required Documentation
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
* Though not required at time of application, the child’s up-to-date physical exam and shot record must be on file prior to placement at a chosen center or family child care home.