Foster Care and Adoption
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) offers a range of child welfare services with the overall mission of ensuring the safety and security of children, and strengthening and preserving families when possible.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Call 1 (855) 933-KIDS (5437) and request to become a foster parent through LSF
- If you are ready for the committment, then you must complete a 30 Hour Pre-Service Parenting Program (once a week, 3 hours) called PRIDE
- All household members must pass an extensive criminal background screening
- The home must pass an environmental health inspection
- The home must be safe and have adequate space for additional children to reside
- The family must be financially stable and capable of providing for additional children
- The family must have reliable and safe transportation
- References provided must include: personal, professional, neighbor, family and school (for families with children living in the home)
- A licensing counselor will complete and in-depth assessment of the family called a “home study”
The process from the time of the inquiry until a family receives a license is different depending on the circumstances but averages 3-5 months. If you are interested in learning more about the process, please call 1 (855) 933-KIDS (5437) and request to become a foster parent through LSF or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informational packet and schedule of classes in your area.
PRIDE orientations and trainings
Still have questions about how to become a foster parent in Lee County?
Fill out the information below and an LSF representative will be in touch with you with more information.